Come and join the Community Forum about Canadian State Forest:
- Thursday February 14th 7pm to 9pm
- Earth Science Centre, Olympic Avenue, Mt Clear
Organized by the Friends of Canadian Corridor…
Below is a flyer announcing a forum on possible opportunities for the future planning and options for a group of former Canadian Forest Plantation blocks, which are now being returned to the Victorian Government. The forum is being organized by the Friends of the Canadian Corridor.
The Friends of the Canadian Corridor group formed in November 2012, representing residents and groups interested in the future of the Canadian Corridor and Forest. The Friends have been busy developing a vision for the future of the cleared land so that future generations may be able to live near and enjoy the forest with its associated wildlife, environment values and recreation opportunities within a multi-use forest park.
The forum will be held at the Earth Science Centre, adjacent to Mt Clear College, Olympic Avenue, Mt Clear, on Thursday February 14, beginning at 7pm and concluding with light refreshments at 9 pm. Guest speakers include:
- Singarayer Florentine: Associate Professor from the University of Ballarat School of Environmental Management
- Hedley Thomson: Co Author – Comprehensive Koala Plan of Management for the City of Ballarat
- Matt Pywell: Proprietor of Ballarat Wild Plants, on Vegetation in the Forest
- Other important organizations represented at the forum include the:
- Leigh Catchment Group,
- Eureka Orienteers,
- Ballarat East Network
- and the Ballarat Field Naturalist Club.
We invite you to attend and add your voice to the vision for the multi-use forest park.
Yours Sincerely Contacts, Friends of the Canadian Corridor
Linda Zibell Mob: 0429932724 Jeff Rootes Mob: 0408509591
Click here to download the flyer and to share it with others. Canadian Forest Forum Invite